Last updated: 9 April 2020
Welcome to First Draft’s resource hub for reporting on coronavirus. We have created and collected guidance to support accurate and responsible reporting on coronavirus, which will be regularly updated with new information. It covers:
- Newsgathering and verification tools
- Ethics and responsible reporting guidance
- A database of debunks of mis- and disinformation
- Data and information sources
- A searchable reading list
- FAQs that journalists may have
- Links to sign up for video calls on reporting coronavirus
Click through to access guides, tips, links and articles for journalists reporting on the coronavirus.
Coronavirus: Tools and guides for journalists
A selection of resources and tools from First Draft and others to help journalists reporting on misinformation.
Coronavirus: Information sources
A list of organisations providing useful information for journalists covering coronavirus.
Coronavirus: How are the social media platforms responding to the 'infodemic'?
As rumours and hoaxes about Covid-19 spread, here's how the biggest platforms are working to tackle misinformation.
Coronavirus reading from around the web
A searchable collection of links to the best articles and resources for journalists covering the coronavirus curated by the First Draft team.