October’s news cycle was full of stories both ponderous and preposterous around the impending US election, and those were just the ones about the candidates.
With the pre-Hallowe’en clown mania, the internet’s obsession with cranking out misinformation and the entirety of world events, the latest edition of the First Draft fake news quiz is ripe and ready.
Test your news knowledge and see if you spotted the hoaxes out there.
We’ll be highlighting misinformation and any instances of voter disenfranchisement around the US election right up until the polls close on November 8 as part of ProPublica’s Electionland project.
Want more? Try the other fake news quizzes:
- January’s fake news quiz: Celebrity deaths, Tony the Tiger and Trump-branded condoms
- February’s fake news quiz: Singing gorillas, Presidential pranks and a bit of bondage
- March’s fake news quiz: Terror attacks, giant rats and real-life unicorns
- April’s fake news quiz: Prince, Bernie and an inter-dimensional weasel
- May’s fake news quiz: Egypt Air, Brexit and a Congressional confession
- The First Draft fake news quiz: Brexit edition
- June’s fake news quiz: Football fans, kissing politicians and Arnie on safari
- July’s fake news quiz: Pokémon, Paris and the Ku Klux Klan
- August’s fake news quiz: Bagpipes, Metallica and sex education
- September’s fake news quiz: Harambe, trolls and 9/11