With more and more information around breaking news events coming from social media, how can news organisations be the first to find newsworthy material?
Joe Galvin, Storyful’s news editor for Europe, went into detail on how Storyful find reports quickly at the recent #FDLive training event held at the New York Times.
Watch his presentation here and find other videos from #FDLive, including those from the previous event held at the Guardian, below.
Other videos from #FDLive at The New York Times:
- Claire Wardle gives a run down of verification as a process, with tools and tips to help
- Craig Silverman talks about the different sources of fake news online, the different types of misinformation they spread and how to spot them
Videos from #FDLive at the Guardian:
- Bellingcat’s Eliot Higgins discusses advanced geolocation in Syria
- Storyful’s Eliza Mackintosh details verification in the context of terror attacks
- Reportedly’s Malachy Browne shows how he used verification techniques to get an exclusive story of bombs shipped to Yemen